Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs (super low carb, keto)

Cream cheese, chocolate chips, vanilla. Can you get better than cookie dough? I submit that you cannot. These are very light, fluffy and don’t have a sharp cream cheese flavor, but rather a traditionally vanilla cookie dough batter flavor. I was so pleased with how these turned out.
Homesick

Recipe:

8 oz cream cheese softened

1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter (the kind that’s only peanuts and salt)

1/3 cup swerve sweetener (erythritol)

1 tsp vanilla extract

4 oz Lilly’s baking chips (stevia sweetened chocolate chips)

Cream everything together in a mixer and then spray a cookie scoop with coconut oil cooking spray. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes before scooping onto parchment paper, then freeze for 30 minutes and store in the refrigerator in plastic baggies.

Left soft I could see dipping fruit in this as a “cookie dough dip.” I hope you enjoy, let me know what you think! Don’t forget to like and share, healthy food is one of the best gifts you can give!

Check out the Nutrition_Facts_Label here!
<a

Best Buy Co, Inc.

Best Buy Co, Inc.

Advertisements

66 Comments Add yours

1. Glenn Hill says:

What is the nutrition stats on these?

Liked by 1 person

1. These depending on size turn out to be about 1-2 carbs each, I don’t usually count calories, but they shouldn’t be too bad there either.

2. Glenn Hill says:

I was more interested in the fat grams. We got 24 out of a batch, about golf ball sized. Trying to get more fat grams in our keto diet.

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh I see, I’m not exactly sure, I will try to generate the ingredients into nutritional content, I’m curious as well! I’ve found a lot of success adding extra butter as long as you keep them refrigerated

2. Hey Glenn, looks like if you split this recipe into 20 bombs (kind of large), they’d be 14 g of fat each and 2 carbs each. Thanks!

3. Cammie says:

Delicious! Absolutely loved this recipe! Thanks

Liked by 1 person

4. Yay, I’m so glad! I’m addicted too, it’s hopeless lol!!

5. Tiffany says:

Anyway to do these without the almond butter or peanut butter? I don’t like ethier.

Liked by 1 person

1. The nut butter adds a creaminess I’m not sure you’d want to give up. If you don’t like nut butters, Almond butter cannot be tasted or defected in this recipe. You literally wouldn’t know it’s there, unlike peanutbutter which has a strong unique taste. You can try them without, I’m sure they’d still be good, but I have never tried. I hope this helps!!

2. monika says:

Tiffany, why not try cashew butter? It’s VERY neutral. You don’t taste it at all.

6. alix says:

is there a way to incorporate eggs ?

Liked by 1 person

1. Hmmm, you talking about for baking them? Pinterest has some cream cheese cookies that you bake, but these are so high fat they’d melt down to nothing. They don’t have flour. https://paleomomnoms.com/2017/05/20/paleo-chocolate-chip-cookies-w-coconut-flour/
      These are baked Paleo/Keto cookies πŸ™‚

7. Kaci says:

Powdered sweetener (erythritol) or liquid?

Liked by 1 person

8. Powdered or granulated. I like granules because it tastes more like cookie dough that way! πŸ™‚

9. Lynette says:

This is so so good. I didn’t even make balls I just eat it right outta the bowl! I did make a slight adjustment. I used the granular Swerve, only about 3-4 TBSP. I didn’t have chips so I ground up a Lily’s coconut bar and added that.

Liked by 1 person

1. I’m so glad you like them, I can’t stop from spooning it into my mouth either!!

10. Tracy Johnson says:

What are the calories in these, I’m gonna get about 24 cookies out of one batch?

1. At the bottom of the recipe is the nutrients label in blue, click there to check, 😊

11. Fallan says:

How long are they good for if refrigerated? They are amazing!

1. They can be frozen for up to 6 months in a ziplock or refrigerate for about 2 weeks tightly stored. The high fat content makes them last for a long time refrigerated.

12. Donna says:

Can the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bombs be baked… you had no mention of this?

1. No, they are so high fat that they would melt, not really bake. Thanks!

13. Abby says:

Thanks for this recipe! I chopped a frozen bomb up with strawberries and pecans. It tasted like peanut butter cheesecake 😍 totally satisfied a sweet craving I’ve been resisting all week!

1. That’s amazing!! So glad to hear you got creative with it!!!

14. DEBORAH STONE says:

OMG these are the ABSOLUTE best–I wondered where you got the “cookie dough” flavor but it all comes out, in,the finished bomb. Frozen & delicious. Great to make for friends who think I eat ice cubes & lettuce leaves. πŸ˜‰

Liked by 1 person

1. Great! So stoked that you enjoyed them! I totally relate, i love sharing tasty healthy foods with friends to show how satisfying healthy eating can be!

15. John says:

Can I use Ghee in replace of butter?

Liked by 1 person

1. Hi John! Absolutely! Ghee should firm up in the fridge as well and would work great here!

16. Tasha says:

Can I use the Pyure blend? Would that work??

Liked by 1 person

17. I’m sure you could! Just do a little at a time, taste and stop when you like the result!! ❀❀❀

18. Tasha says:

I have swerve confectioner does it make any different?

Liked by 1 person

1. Nope, in fact it’s exactly the same and may make scooping them out easier!

19. Melanie Barry says:

Hi! Could you create a link to print just the recipe, please?

Liked by 1 person

1. If you are on a desktop you should be able to highlight and hold control then press P and it should print. But i am in the process of getting this set up, thanks for stopping in!!

20. Nikki says:

Where do you get your swerve and Lilly at?

1. I got them from Sprouts grocery store, but I’ve seen them on Amazon as well, thanks for stopping by the site!

21. Sarah says:

could you use coconut sugar in place of the sweetener?

1. Sure could! It’s a 1:1 ratio swerve to sugar πŸ™‚

2. Sure could!! It’s a 1:1 ratio of swerve to sugar

22. Amanda says:

I just made these using almond butter. After tasting, I felt they were missing a little something. So I added a small drizzle (less than a teaspoon) of Torani’s sugar free Salted Caramel flavored syrup. OMG! Heaven!!!! Thank you so much.

23. Katrina Strong says:

is the peanut butter necessary?

Liked by 1 person

1. You can use pb, Almond butter or cashew butter, but i can’t speak for the recipe apart from using it. It plays a pretty big role ☺

24. Kara says:

Delicious! I substituted 1/3 of the sweetener (so 1/9 cup?) for truvia brown sugar to give it that cookie dough kick πŸ™‚ Amazing mmmm

Liked by 1 person

1. Great! So glad you enjoyed it!

25. Jason says:

So I used what I had on hand and made a few substitutions. I used 3 TBSP butter instead of 1/2 stick (4 TBSP). I used Swerve confectioner sugar bc I did not have the regular granulated on hand. And I used 2 oz of a Lilly’s baking bar that I chopped into chip sized pieces instead of the 4 oz of chips.

I gathered all of the nutritional info for all the ingredients from the My FitnessPal app and the labels and here is what I got. For 20 balls it would be: 99 Cal, 9.1g fat, 3.25 g carbs, 2.4 g protein.

*This is not counting the carbs from erythitol in Swerve or Lilly’s.

I only got 17 balls of out my batch so my counts were a bit higher.

1. Jason says:

Just realized I was supposed to add a whole stick of butter. Well I guess these are “skinny” fat bombs. πŸ˜‰

Liked by 1 person

2. Thanks for sharing! From what i understand, you don’t metabilize the carbs from erythritol because they are all flushed out through your urine. Also, i believe mine made 24, I’d have to go back and check. Thanks for visiting the site!

26. Khristy says:

What kind of peanut butter do you use? Is there any that don’t separate?

Liked by 1 person

1. I use the kind that is just peanuts and salt. It’s sort of runny, but stirring and refrigerating helps firm it up

27. Wendy Baker says:

My husband and I are on the Keto lifestyle and I made these last week for the first time and they are sooooo good! Definitely a recipe that I will make again. I keep them in the freezer and we just grab one occasionally. Thanks for a great recipe!

Liked by 1 person

1. You are so welcome!! Thanks for taking time to let me know, it fills my heart with joy to know they add some excitement into your keto experience!

28. Delane says:

Made them with 1/2 a crushed coco polo chocolate bar as didn’t have Lilly’s. These are SO good !!!!! Thank you

29. Janet says:

Thank you sooo much for this wonderful recipe! I’ve tried and failed miserably with a few other fat bomb recipes and am SO RELIEVED to have found one that is AMAZING!! Keto on πŸ™‚

30. Andee says:

When I enter my ingredients into My Fitness Pal, they come out to 6-7g of carbs each 😱
    Is it because I used peanut butter instead of almond?

Liked by 1 person

1. No, it’s the my fitness pal program. If you fact check their info it’s rarely exactly accurate. 2 things to consider, erythritol carbs are not metabolized, they are (excuse the bluntness) urinated out, and you would also subtract any fiber grams for net carbs. I hope this helps!!

31. Tennielle says:

How are you coming out with 2 carbs , I add all ingredients and I come up with 5?

Liked by 1 person

1. The carbs from the erythritol are not metabolized, they are “passed” by utination

32. Holly Massey says:

I tried these with Sukrin sweetener -delicious!! Thanks for sharing!

1. Hi Holly, so glad you liked them! I’m not familiar with Sukran, I am totally looking that up!

33. Sherron says:

I made this last night, interestingly I forgot the PB or almond butter and i still think it tastes great!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.Although I did forget and leave mine in the freezer

34. Jodi Whitcomb says:

I just made these and they are AWESOME!!!! I could only find the Sugar Free Hershey chocolate chips with Maltitol in it… I hope those are ok to use? I may have to order the Lily’s online.

1. Yay!! I have never used the Hershey’s, but I’m glad you liked them!! I try to stick with erythritol, stevia and honey for sweeteners as much as possible! I hope you enjoy them again and again!

35. Danielle says:

Where can you find the right peanut butter? what is it called?

1. Smuckers makes an awesome peanutbutter that’s just peanuts and salt in the ingredients. I buy mine at Costco wholesale. Look for the kind that separates, it’s a pretty good indication that it’s the right kind πŸ™‚